June is Brain Injury Awareness Month
Brain injury can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. Stroke, concussion, head injury from an accident, or drug overdose are just a few examples of how brain injury can happen. Nanaimo Brain Injury Society supports community members living brain injury, along with their family members and caregivers. Community-based support services like NBIS are essential in supporting recovery and re-connection to community after a brain injury.
All month long we will be raising awareness about Brain Injury, and the work we do to support individuals affected by brain injury:
- The City of Nanaimo has issued a proclamation declaring June Brain Injury Awareness month, check out Mayor Krog's statement HERE.
- Bastion Light Up: Watch for the Bastion to shine in blue and green to kick off the month!
- Listen for us on 91.7 Coast FM 8:30 Weekday News Show
- Wear, Share & Win: Participate in our #HEADSUP Facebook photo contest, like us on Facebook and post a photo of yourself in a helmet or head safety gear and post it to our Facebook page with the hashtag #NBIS #BIA2020 #HEADSUP to be entered into a draw to win fun prizes.
- Donate & Participate - Support NBIS through a financial or in-kind donation, volunteer, help us promote awareness!
Thanks for supporting Brain Injury Awareness Month 2020. Share our posts, donate , stay SAFE!
Curious about what is happening at NBIS? Come check out the NBIS COVID-19 Response and our Spring/Summer Newsletter for more information. To sign up for our newsletter or to be added to our maling list please contact Adrienne at 250-753-5600 Ext. 202 or email email@example.com