Community Navigator- Client Services
What is Navigation?
- Navigation at NBIS serves to link people affected by brain injury to both formal and informal resources.
- Focuses on identifying and serving the needs of the client and caregiver as a unique individual.
The Community Navigator Program is a non-medical support service that helps people affected by ABI and their caregivers by:
- Providing non-medical client assessment and joint identified actions
- Empowering ABI clients and caregivers to self-manage their recovery through peer support programs, group and individual education, supported decision-making and goal-setting
- Ongoing case management, if required
- Answering questions asked by individuals surviving an ABI and their caregivers and help them navigate the health care system
- Linking them to resources and programs to assist with their recovery
- Assisting with self-management strategies to manage their ABI and caregiving roles
- Providing opportunity to attend peer support programs and education sessions for both the person who had the brain injury and the caregiver
- Connecting with local support, community and education programs
How to Enrol:
To learn more about the Navigator Program you can:
- call Mick Timbrell at 250-753-5600 Ext.1
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- text 250-268-3959
- visit our office during opening hours.
To download a referral form click HERE. Referral forms can be faxed or brought into the NBIS office.