Our Intake worker receives new referrals to NBIS and looks after a small client case load. This service will:
- Respond to service inquiries and referrals.
- Liaise with appropriate community practitioners involved with the referral process.
- Follow up with individuals to advise about application status and plan ‘next steps’.
- Provide an intake for family members and caregivers as requested.
- Offer short term or intermittent support to co-ordinate access to alternative and/or generic services.
- Facilitate referrals to Island Health Brain Injury Program.
- Refer to supports available within NBIS.
To arrange a meeting with the intake worker, please call the main NBIS office at